Hi James,

The examples are the earliest of the animations are all done by people who are
learning how to use it, and only used the "move" attribute, which was all that
was available at the time.  Users can now scale (zoom in or zoom out) with the
animation and we are hours away from adding "skew" and "opacity" and multiple
frames.  We will then add "rotation".  With these things we could have the busy
farmer's tractor start out smaller and turn down the road, getting larger as he
speeds by.

There's not much user help at the moment and has a few little bugs here and
there, but it is an early-adopter opportunity.  If there is something you want
to change, you can access the code and submit your additions.

I made two of the examples, the snake/bird and the busy farmer. The snake/bird
animation was the first animation I ever made and the farmer was my second.
The bird was supposed to not move until the snake got close and then hop away,
but I ended up with the timing being the same.  When we have opacity I plan to
make that animation a little better and then have the snake get the bird,the
bird disappears, and tail feathers drop down from the post where he was.

We would love to have SVG experts give it a try and send us their animations so
that we may post them, with their permission of course.  Our examples are
certainly a bit rough, but they were simply intended to get the idea across.
We look forward to people submitting their own as we gain more SVG animation
functions and improve the look and feel for the site.  In about 2-3 months we
will add a key component that will improve the SVG quality a lot and also make
the file size to below JPEG.