46 new messages, 44 from this list, its unlikely I'll contribute any new
insight.  But for the record, I'll snip anything except when the auction
ends when I can't be in front of my PC.  Anyway:

- I use the watch list so people don't search for my bids
- I also use the watch list to cut back on bidding on everything.  Gives me
time to think if I "really want it".  Also allows me to prioritize.
- Cutting back on cost is good.  When I started snipping, I did so at the 30
second marker.  I've had people bid again within that window (+$50!)  If I
was more daring, I'd have saved the cash.

    And one absolutely dirty trick (in theory of course)... if someone is
constantly warring with you (usually for multiple items from the same
seller) you can get a feel for their limits, look at their bidding list, and
crank up the bids on things you don't want that they're bidding on.  They'll
(hopefully) deplete their cash and not fight so hard for the items you
really want.  The risk is obvious, though.  Did someone already say this?

    Not sniping has an advantage though.  Intimidation.  If someone is good
and does a little research and sees that their opponent has deep pockets,
they may reconsider bidding at all.  This doesn't always work, but sometimes
if I really could go either way on something, I'll stay away from vetran
bidders.  Or deep-pocketed newbies.  I recently passed on a IIgs game that I
saw was pursued by a list member.  I passed solely on the premise of the
bidder and it being a "would be nice" instead of a "must have".  The money I
save usually scores me a half-dozen or so "would be nice" titles that go
with one bid (mine).

Dan