Jim Leonard wrote:

> Chris Newman wrote:
> >
> > Alot of the stuff comes from my own collection -- I'm actually listing everything
> > I have (well, almost hahaha) because I need to make more room in the house, and I
> > need a sudden influx of cash. Seems we are expecting our first child! I only list
>
> Congrats!  I recently played Time Pilots with my 2-yr-old (he plays
> better than my wife!) and my 4.5-yr-old enjoys playing Pac-Man,
> Pac-Mania, Marble Madness, and Crystal Castles, so old games definitely
> come in handy.  :)  Corrupt them when they're young, that's what I say!

When did you start weaning your first on a computer? I don't think neural implants are
yet a viable technology so the pedestrian route it is.

> > games I put together ads for. I have about 200 or so other games I haven't yet
> > listed for that reason. I suppose I could list them w/o a proper ad but I'm too
> > compulsive to do that.
>
> Ah, more fuel for my fire of "all software collectors have a
> neurological disorder".  :-D  If it's any consolation, your ebay ads are
> exquisitely crafted and a welcome change from the shite that is usually
> posted there ("INFOCOM GAME RARE MINT!!!!!!!")

Thanks alot. Coming from an expert like you that's a real compliment! There's nothing
that bothers me more than a blatant ad by someone who doesn't know anything about
a game or its impact (and much more importantly doesn't *care* enough to find out) but
uses stupid buzzwords to generate hype:

"L00K -- Crispy mint impossible to find Ultima with  a totally REAL moonthing! This
game retailed
for $69.95 and uses state of the art VGA graphics and Adlib sound. Get this TODAY. I've

seen this go for like $200."

Hello! Ultima VI came out over a decade ago! Retail price is irrelevant, and the state
of the
art has improved exponentially since then.

I agree with you about the disorder too. At least it's a happy one, not so much a crack
addiction
but closer to a Ned Flanders belief in an optimistic world.