[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 08/29/2001 11:18:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << Geezus, you *both* paid too much for this.  I value the entire thing at
>  $250, tops. >>
>
> Well no, I won't say what makes it worth more but it IS worth more than the
> final bid. The winnah!! can tell you what makes the lot so valuable. This is
> a good example of my "lot" theory and people searching on your name to find
> things to bid on, these two guys sniped it but if they had bid earlier it may
> have got a lot more attention.

Yes, but my $250 quote was indeed for the entire lot.  Apples are $20
nowadays and the Pascal stuff was worthless to those guys.  In fact, I
was going on the entertainment software bundle alone only and I still
think they paid too much for it.  And the shipping won't be trivial
either... But, such is life.  We all do what we want to do.

There is a time when you have to stand back, appreciate your collection,
and be happy for what you have.  My original philosophy (bid once and
walk away) is probably going to be my mode of operation for a while
because, quite frankly, I've got way too much going on in my life to be
checking ebay twice a day, setting timepieces to match up with PST
within the second, and stressing out over sniping.  It's not my living.
I understand that for some people here, it *is* their living, but I'd
rather have piece of mind and a lower stress level (and, most
importantly, more time for other projects).
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.