> Definitely. The hobby is still in its infancy, by the number of active
> collectors at least. The more people are participating, the more serious
> this will become. We could get some actual media coverage, take to the
> expos, etc.

I'm trying to get the CGE in Vegas to open up more to software collectors,
maybe even take on a former Implementor as a guest speaker.

> It has one downside though - beginners will find it increasingly difficult
> to get started, as the initial investment may become a real problem for
> some. I'm mainly noticing this as an Ultima collector - the way certain
> titles have increased in value is quite intimidating for the newcomer.

Yeah, especially with the Big Three: Ultima, Infocom and Sierra.  The rare
stuff, when you can even find it, is getting harder to acquire without
laying out a huge block of cash.  Fortunately the common stuff is starting
to really emerge from the woodwork, making bargains possible.  (Even more so
if you don't care about platform.)