> All I did for my pages was create Excel spreadsheets for date, auction
> number, winning bid, and notes.  I used the notes to record details on
> unusual auctions (like shrinkwrapped/new items or what was missing
> from an incomplete auction figure), but didn't make any exceptions for
> those in calculating averages and such.

A more automated method might be to use a scripting language to do the
search, record the details in a database, then have a human delete
inappropriate matches.  That would guarantee only the most poorly-listed
items would be overlooked.  You'd have to search about 3 times a week to
ensure no 3-day auctions would be overlooked.