From: Edward Franks [mailto:xyzzy@;kc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] [ SWCollect ] What's your favorite find?

On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 11:38  PM, Hugh Falk wrote:
[Snip]
> That reminds me of another good poll for you guys.  I mentioned some
> of the
> best games I got for free.  But I'd be curious...what is the most you
> paid
> for a single game?  I don't want to know about a group of games...just
> one
> game.

        The most I've actually paid for a game -- I've bid higher, but not won
the auction -- was ~$675 for an orange castle coversheet Akalabeth.
(:chuckle:  I needed the coversheet as those are what I'm missing from
my other Akalabeth and my Ultima.)  For me, the interesting thing is
that the seller was one of the programmers for Arena and Daggerfall.
It is cool to see that the people who develop the games are as serious
collectors as us.

--

Edward Franks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>