On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 05:09  PM, John Romero wrote:

Figured I'd switch topics here since it had to happen sooner or later!

What's your favorite old software find that you have?
My favorite find was a big box Ultima II. I found it at a used bookstore that was starting to resell old computer software. I was startled to see a number of Apple ][ Ultimas there. As I looked through the stacks there it was. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the price tag of $4. Yes, four dollars. When I opened it, though, I realized that I had made the mythical killer find. You see, there were two cloth maps, two sets of disks, two manuals (one being a first edition!)... I had one box with double the fun. :-D

Another favorite find was Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure by Robert Clardy (Synergestic Software). I remember the hours and hours I used to play this game in college. Finding a mint copy was a fun bit of nostalgia. Even better I found I still enjoy the game today.

Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash is one simply because it took me three years to find a copy. Before I found my copy several people had claimed to own a copy, but when asked to share some information about the game they had numerous excuses why they couldn't share (my favorite being the one where the person claimed their Drash cartridge (!) was cracked).

--

Edward Franks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>