> Another favorite find was Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure by Robert
> Clardy (Synergestic Software).  I remember the hours and hours I used
> to play this game in college.  Finding a mint copy was a fun bit of
> nostalgia.  Even better I found I still enjoy the game today.

I remember this one, this was a GREAT game!  It's in four parts, right?
First you fight monsters, trade, and acquire enough money to build a ship
and leave the island, then you have to navigate the ocean, find a magic
artifact in some catacombs (my memory here's a bit fuzzy) and then use it to
storm the bad guy's fortress.  My cousin and I used to play it on his IIe.
The only thing was, he'd gotten a pirate copy so a lot of the text had been
hacked to display dirty words.

IIRC, there was also a sequel, "Apventure to Atlantis" I think.