"C.E. Forman" wrote:

> Actually, Jim, this brings up something I wanted to ask you: Would it be
> possible for me to get a basic list of gameID, title, and publisher from
> Moby?  I've considered setting up links from my trade and vault items to
> MobyGames, if additional info on the games exists... with your permission,
> of course.  Like what GameTZ uses.

How about what GameTZ uses *exactly*?  Here's the link:

http://www.mobygames.com/misc/ugtz_download

I cleared it with my partners, so you (and any other website implementors on
this list) are allowed to use it provided that you make it obvious you are
linking to MobyGames somehow, either through text or a tiny graphic or
something.  (Link text of just "more info", etc. would not be enough.)  We
provided the little icon that UGTZ/GameTZ uses, so feel free to save it from
their pages and use it.  If you need larger icons or ads, you can find them
here:  http://www.mobygames.com/info/link/

The output of the above link is very simple:

Banjo-Kazooie; Nintendo 64; http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId=3583
Sonic Adventure; Dreamcast; http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId=3530
Quake II; DOS; http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId=405

..etc.  For older PC games, most collectors on this list will only look at
the "DOS" and "Booter" platforms.  Sorry, no C64 or Atari yet, but they are
planned to be implemented.

If you have any questions, just ask.  Again, our only requirement is that you
make it obvious it's MobyGames you're linking to.  Automatically pulling the
info up in framesets or otherwise disguising MobyGames' information will
probably get us miffed :)  Otherwise, enjoy!
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.