Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! One of my most recent purchases was squashed like a bug. And this was from someone who sells vintage games, not someone cleaning out the attic (no one here). I wasn't overly concerned about the title's condition, but I sent a message that I would have happily paid more had I known it would be shipped in a thin plastic envelope. The reply was that they would have happily upgraded the carton had I offered to pay more. Now there's a no-win argument.

The first time this happened to me I had a boilerplate reply stating my shipping requirements on every purchase going forward. It was tedious (I eventually stopped) and even that wasn't 100% effective. The only time I got shafted on ebay was some lady selling a bunch of goodies for a low price. She had a religious theme to her auctions, and a link to her church. When I said how I needed it shipped, she said it would take time. Around then the negative feedback piled up (paid but no delivery) and eventually her account was summarily revoked. Of course since it was past 30 days, no recourse. Perhaps poor shipping was better than no shipping.

It just seems there's no rhyme or reason to this sort of thing. I wish people were more paranoid about packaging.

On Jan 10, 2004, at 12:37 AM, C.E. Forman wrote:

It's still up on my news page (www.yois.biz/news). I still get pissed when
I think about it or look at the package, so I don't think I'll retype it
here.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Romero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "C.E. Forman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 10:23 PM
Subject: RE: [SWCollect] Mt. Drash cassette and market value

Hey there....what happened with Dan Kitchen? He was my exec producer on
my GBA title about 6 months ago... I personally don't have respect for
him after that debacle.

- John

-----Original Message----- From: C.E. Forman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 6:28 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Mt. Drash cassette and market value

I've got a number of signed items, from authors I've tracked down on my
own,
and I consider them more valuable than an unsigned package in similar
condition. Right now I'm still letting the wounds heal after my
disastrous
run-in with Dan Kitchen, but maybe down the road I'll take you up on the
offer, John. B-)