BL wrote:

Jim, we've been over this a few times before.
Say I have 2 wrapped boxes, and rip the wrap off one, then rip the wrap
off the other a year later - the first one's box is still in Near Mint,
while
you are telling me that the one I just ripped the wrap off is should be
considered the same, since Mint is only possible with S?

Yes, that is exactly what I (and most other people on this list) are saying. Mint = as it arrives out of the factory; without the wrap, it is no longer as it arrives out of the factory.

As I wrote earlier, you can use whatever method of grading you like -- everyone is a free person :) and can do whatever they want to. But for the purpose of being consistant and avoiding confusion like this, many (if not most) of us here on the list use the MobyScale, because we invented it and came to a consensus.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/