Edward Franks wrote:

I just want to point out you used a couple of bad examples. ;-)

I was going for expensive/old :-) Okay, replace Starcross with Michael Berlyn's "Cyborg" ($150+ last I checked). Anyway, I'm sure people got the idea.

Also, in the US, the First Sale Doctrine establishes that once you sell something (as the maker) that's all the money you're going to get. A maker has no right to get more money on the sale of used items. That's like saying it would be wrong to buy a used or out of print book because the author wouldn't get any money.

Agreed, but some people don't understand this. When I pirate a 20+ year old game to try it out, people sometimes tell me that I'm short-changing the author -- what, like buying a 2nd-hand copy on ebay gives the author money?
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/