On Jun 8, 2004, at 4:42 PM, Jim Leonard wrote: [Snip]
I was going for expensive/old :-) Okay, replace Starcross with Michael Berlyn's "Cyborg" ($150+ last I checked). Anyway, I'm sure people got the idea.

Oh, sure, but I couldn't help making the comment. It's the classic 'Oops, I picked the wrong game' mistake I think everyone makes one time or another. :)

[Snip]
Agreed, but some people don't understand this. When I pirate a 20+ year old game to try it out, people sometimes tell me that I'm short-changing the author -- what, like buying a 2nd-hand copy on ebay gives the author money?

Very true. After awhile it gets to be amusing to see people on *both* sides using the same argument to buttress their position.

Most of the piracy arguments have practically fossilized. It's like watching a ritualized exchange with the vast bulk of the arguments falling into a few groupings.

--

Edward Franks