hi Jon,

> I'm guessing that
> the string representation of the image was byte code, possibly.  This is
> what I'm unclear on.  Weather it's byte code or hex or what ever.

it's base64 encoded binary data (e.g. a jpeg):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64

> Are my thoughts headed in the right direction or am I getting lost
> somewhere?

i think the directing is roughly right.
i don't know xslt myself, but seeing what Dan did with it impressed me
a great deal. it looks like a very powerful tool.

just to get you even more excited, this gave me some ideas, too:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/00000353.html

mark

On 1/27/06, Robert Jonathan Molesa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My thinking is still rough on this idea, but if I'm headed in the wrong
> direction I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> When I decompiled an swf with swfmill it contained the images as a
> string.  Which swfmill then took the xml and recreated the exact swf
> images and all with nothing more than the xml file.  I'm guessing that
> the string representation of the image was byte code, possibly.  This is
> what I'm unclear on.  Weather it's byte code or hex or what ever.  In
> any case the trick to complete swf creation using swfmill would then be
> to have a program or XSLT that handles the conversion from binary images
> to byte code/hex representation.  I know that swfmill can accept the
> image directly with the -s built-in XSLT translation, how ever this idea
> can be extended further to fonts, as, sounds, and so on.  This could
> allow for front-end creation that would handle the presentation layer
> similar to glade purpose of creating gui's for c/c++ programs.
>
> Are my thoughts headed in the right direction or am I getting lost
> somewhere?
>
> --
> Jon Molesa
> Owner - Consoltec