> Isn't this proposal solving a problem that in practice doesn't exist or isn't
> common enough to be worth a language level fix?

Well I have a TextExpander macro that inserts "// override point" when I type
;overp. Been marking all overridable methods this way for years. I think it's
an indication that the problem is worth solving.

> I'm trying to find an example of a common problem - in any language - that
> would benefit by having final/sealed by default.

Understanding the code and reasoning about the class is easier when you know
the exact customization points.

I do agree that this won't really prevent many actual bugs.

A.