Salut,

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:34:04 +0100, Mathias Seiler
<mathias.sei...@mironet.ch> wrote:
> > That is so not true! Even if you buy a Sun Fire with 0 hard disks
> > you still get all drive bays along with the server so you can mount
> > your own disks in a minute.
>
> Last time I checked, I received just "dummy"-bays (not really what
> one needs to mount own drives).

I'm a rather frequent and loyal Sun customer, I think over time I must
have bought just about every Fire model, and they all came with empty
drive bays where no hard disks have been ordered. I never saw any
«dummy» or unusable bay between the years 2000 and 2010.

> You can still buy the "cheapest" hard drive (so you get a bay) and
> swap the disk though :)

You can do that as well if you like.

                                Tonnerre