This site has come in handy for some RAID controllers and Debian Lenny:
http://hwraid.le-vert.net/

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 15:47 +0100, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> > From: Tonnerre Lombard <tonne...@bsdprojects.net>
>

> > I'm a rather frequent and loyal Sun customer, I think over time I must
> > have bought just about every Fire model, and they all came with empty
> > drive bays where no hard disks have been ordered. I never saw any
> > «dummy» or unusable bay between the years 2000 and 2010.
>

> Yes, empty drive bays where you can't insert a standard bare disk. You need
> Sun disk mount kits, which are not sold separately.

You both sure have made very contradicting experiences with Sun HW!

Is your reseller making a business out of it for it's own, removing the
unused disk frames and selling them apart with third-party
disks? /Speculation

Because I too always have got a usable disk frame in every disk bay.

--
Gruss
Claudio Luck