> From: Tonnerre Lombard <tonne...@bsdprojects.net>

> I'm a rather frequent and loyal Sun customer, I think over time I must
> have bought just about every Fire model, and they all came with empty
> drive bays where no hard disks have been ordered. I never saw any
> «dummy» or unusable bay between the years 2000 and 2010.

Yes, empty drive bays where you can't insert a standard bare disk. You need
Sun disk mount kits, which are not sold separately.

Moreover, they were selling Intel-based  Fire V65x servers with completely
different disk mounts, not found in any traditional Sun server.
Also the embedded RAID controller did not have any Linux support at all...

Sun produces decent hardware, and I like it very much. Just don't assume
there are Intel servers available from Sun :)