Just to expand a little - I think the default metadata schema when
creating a Mets package from DSpace is Mods. In theory if the Fedora
Sword Server claims to accept Mets packages conforming to the DSpace
Mets SIP Profile
(https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpaceMETSSIPProfile) it
should be able to deal with the incoming Mods metadata, in practice it
may expect the metadata to conform to SWAP
(http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/digirep/index/Eprints_Application_Profile).

DSpace does allow you to specify the crosswalk for a metadata schema
when creating the Mets package, so you could change it to create SWAP
compliant metadata. However, as Mark points out, the existing SWAP
crosswalk is fairly skeletal. You do have the option of expanding that
crosswalk or adding a new one if none of the existing crosswalks meet
your needs.

Cheers, Robin.

On 27/03/12 21:22, Ying Jin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on our DSpace repository and trying to migrate items from
> DSpace to Fedora (we are going to use Islandora). It looks like SWORD
> might be a good approach. Here is the question from my testing
> migration -
>
> I exported an item using DSpace packager in METS format, and then use
> Fedora Sword module to import the item to Fedora.
>
> First, I used METSDSpaceSIP packaging, and the ingested item shows a
> zip file only.
> Then I tried METS packaging and only content files are uploaded.
> Obviously, it can't understand dspace mets.
>
> I think METSDSpaceSIP packaging is the right way to go but it doesn't
> seem to work properly. Is there anything I may need to setup for
> having this work?
>
> Thanks any suggestions and helps,
> Ying

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.