Hi Glen and Mark,

Here I'd like to give a summary of all my testing results and see if that makes sense to use SWORD in such situation -
(Note, I'm using Fedora SWORD 1.2)

1. My first testing was getting a zipped DSpace SIP package and upload zip (mimetype as application/zip) -

        1> Using METSDSpaceSIP package, uploaded zip file as it is
2> Using METS package, uploaded content files only, in my case, three pdf files, and mets file was ignored

2. getting a zipped DSpace AIP package, upload using METS package, and mimetype as application/zip
        got ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

3. Using mets.xml extracted from DSpace AIP package (added absolute file path to the file), upload using METS package, mimetype is text/xml
        Here is the list of datastreams in fedora after uploading
        1> DC - Dublin Core Metadata
        2> RELS-EXT
        3> MODS (extracted from ingested mets file)
        4> DIM (extracted from ingested mets file)
        5> bitstream_2 (ingested file in mets file section)
        6> METS (METS as it was deposited)

It looks like the third method is suitable to use though I need to fix the file path. However, I realize that we also need to remove thumbnail and extracted txt so they won't be uploaded to fedora and probably provenance information too. Having an xslt to pre-process AIP mets before uploading might be a good idea. Of course, I also need to make sure islandora is happy with the format.

Thanks,
Ying