James wrote:
> Why do you assume the key is in the session?  If I were going to
> encrypt something and put it in the session, the key sure would not be
> along with it, I would use data specific to the user (each user has
> their own key).   based on things like username/zipcode/ipaddress
> probably a mashup of 3 bits of personal information that not everyone
> would be able to get.

So the code for generating this key would be less readable than the
session file? Since if I can read the session for some reason, I likely
can read the source code that generates the session and thus get most of
that information... and decrypt the data. Basically what I'm wondering
is how you will keep the key, or the data that makes up the key secret.
If you used username and or some random data like time, you'd have to
store that someplace. So if you have a manner to store that key
securely, why encrypt? Just put the CC info there...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc