Hi Ward,

> - What is the project freeze ? Why can't you just upload the env to
> ftp ? what does the freeze exactly do?

When you create a new project, symfony's files aren't copied in
your /lib directory. The freeze task copies symfony's files into your
project directory. It allows the project to be uploaded to your server
(where symfony is not installed).

> - I have setup dev/prod env. on shared hosting without shell. I now
> program directly via ftp on the shared hosting (not a good idea?)

I guess that if you have some time & traffic & ressources to loose, and
if you're not afraid to break everything for your users, it might be ok.
But i wouldn't recommended it...

> - Somebody knows what the build:propel command does exactly ?? Maybe
> we can write something around it so that there is better support for
> shared hosting (like admin panel for generating model, clear cache
> etc, .. )

build:propel does not exist. propel:build-all does, and it creates
databases, models & forms based on your schema.yml file.

symfony's CLI capabilities are great, you should try it before thinking
about replacing it.

I just don't understand how one could work with symfony without shell.
Deploying your project on a host without shell is ok, but building it ?
I'm afraid you're doing something wrong there.

--

Thomas Dedericks

tho...@tequila-studio.com
GSM: +32 (0) 499 23 60 22