On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Ward Loockx wrote:

> - What is the project freeze ? Why can't you just upload the env to ftp
> ? what does the freeze exactly do?

The freeze command copies the symfony library and related stuff into your
project. So you can upload it to a host that doesn't have symfony
installed or as a different version of symfony installed. Your project
becomes a self-contained sandbox with no external dependencies (except PHP
:-)

> - I have setup dev/prod env. on shared hosting without shell. I now
> program directly via ftp on the shared hosting (not a good idea?)

So you have dev controllers on a production machine?! Is it a separate
vhost or the same one? Generally that's not good :-)

Also, what about backups / version control?