I think "the good reason for it" is because that's how the Symfony
tutorials are written.

I often find that 2 apps aren't justified - admin is usually a single
module. It's not often that there is a whole suite of backend stuff
for admin. Creating admin generated backend modules for CRUD for all
of your objects is dumb - "just because you can" isn't justification.

Don't even get me started on the whole naming convention of "frontend"
and "backend"!