Hi Zach,

no. Because for the normal test, you didn't need the web folder from
this plugin. I think there is something wrong with your API key.

Loog on you html source code and check which API key is used. Make sure
thats the right key for you local/test url!

Here is my test template:
<?php use_helper('GMap') ?>
<?php $gMap = $sf_data->getRaw('gMap'); ?>
<?php include_map($gMap); ?>
<?php include_map_javascript($gMap); ?>

Test this, maybe it works also for you.

BR