Hi Zach,

this is a really strange problem but will be actually be solved
unintentionally in the next release of the plugin : the new version
will use autoloading of the maps source file at the same time as the
generic google js api file. You can already check how it works in the
dev branch of the plugin:

http://trac.symfony-project.org/browser/plugins/sfEasyGMapPlugin/branches/dev/lib/GMapClient.class.php

The new version should be released around september, the time to test
everything which was added by the different developers and package it
well. And if I have time, I will also try to separate the PHP and
javascript layer as much as possible.

By the way for your information, if you like the plugin, it is now
possible to use the dev branch in any php project, outside of symfony!
Even if I wonder how one can still use php outside of symfony... :-)

Regards,

Fabrice
--
http://www.theodo.fr