On Sat, 5 Sep 2009, Sid Bachtiar wrote:

> LINUX = Linux Is Not UniX

Sure, but /bin/cat on Unix does the same thing as /bin/cat on Linux.

> Since most hosts out there run Linux, if you aim "for better
> compatibility and fewer surprises", then just use Linux to develop.

Well, PHP is PHP, so I dont know what problems you would have. At work we
used to develop on Solaris Zones and deploy to a mix of Solaris and Linux
servers, never had any problems since they are both UNIX-like and both run
PHP. We are gradually phasing out Solaris but we still have some servers
still in use in production.