This is an example of the type of doc content that's useful and should
cover everybody from newbies to somebody more seasoned with the framework.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.timezone.aspx

Having this level of content, however, takes time and effort to write,
translate and maintain.
But I think if it was based in an environment that allowed user-registered
contribution - it might go a little quicker.
[JW's Google translate extension would be a big help].

It would however need over-sight and management by the core SF team.