Snippets are good but not very easy to use (you don't go to snippets
when you are searching something ...).

When you need to know how a widget can be used, what you can do in an
action, ... the easiest way to find the widget for example is the API.
The API doc should be more verbose, providing examples and basic usage
of the class.
A very good documentation for me is the Qt one, you've got all what you
want in one place (Overview, basic code sample, some link to examples,
and API doc).
See http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qthread.html for example. You've got a
detailed description with the "More ..." link ( The QThread class
provides platform-independent threads. More... ) and in this description
there are basic usage, description, samples and then the full API.

For a developper (especially an OOP one), the best entry to a
documentation is in my opinion the class name. You have the class, you
want to know what you can do with it.

My 2cts,

--
Vincent Jousse