David Joyner wrote:
> Just some ideas: For me, "geometric algebra" refers to material in the
> famous book by E Artin. Your usage of the term is apparently
> common with mathematical physicists. I would recommend changing the
> name to "clifford algebra", which seems to be used by both communities.
> Also, I think there is a large package on Clifford algebras in Maple.
> It might be worth comparing them, if there is overlap.
>
> My 2 cents.
>
> On Jan 1, 2008 11:33 AM, Alan Bromborsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I trying to determine if you would be interested in adding a geometric
>> algebra package to sympy.  Attached are pdf files introducing geometric
>> algebra (imag_numbers.pdf) and a description of a python module I am
>> developing for symbolic geometric algebra.  Comments would be welcome.
>> Also if the attachments don't get through how can I get them to you?

I don't know anything about Maple or Mathematica (they cost money so I
don't use them), but I would have two questions about their Clifford
packages:

1.  Are they truely coordinate free or do they use an orthogonal
coordinate system with symbolic expressions for the coordinate coefficients?

2. Can you use their packages from within a python program?