Ondrej Certik wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2008 7:16 PM, Pearu Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 1, 6:08 pm, Alan Bromborsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know anything about Maple or Mathematica (they cost money so I
>>> don't use them)..
>>>
>> Sometimes it is worth of looking at how other CA systems (most of them
>> have manuals online for free) handle certain problems and what
>> interfaces they provide. This is useful in a situation when a user of
>> these
>> systems tries out sympy and s/he will be more satisfied if the
>> general structure/user interface of the corresponding sympy package
>> looks similar (at least) to what s/he has been used to.
>>

> Exactly. And also all opensource CA systems should have similar or the
> same interface,
> currently the project with a biggest momentum in this area is Sage
> (sagemath.org).
>
> Ondrej

I looked at a paper on the Maple Clifford package.  The problem I would
have with it is that it is Clifford algebra for mathematicians, not for
physicists.  I would not have a clue as to how to pose the sort of
problems I want to solve in that package.  Also I maybe have an
irrational attachment to python as opposed to special purpose interfaces!