On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:59:57PM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> I am going to write to ipython-dev to point attention to this thread,
> as this application wants to have something useful now. ipython1 is
> ambitious and
> it may take a year or something, until something usable comes out -
> but yet, I like the modular architecture of ipython1.

I agree with you as far as the timescales. What I am wondering about is
if it would be possibe to reuse part of the exiting code and extend it to
your specific purposes. That way, with some luck, the resulting
short-term solution could one day more easily be ported to use ipython1.
I would love it if the approaches didn't diverge too much.

My 2 cents,

Gaƫl