Hello,

Thank you very much Saroj for your corrections, I will incoporate
them. I am very sorry for my slow reaction with the ipython list. I
actually tried to post to the ipython list on Tuesday
through gmame and waited for the post to appear, but it did not
because I was not subscribed to the list - sorry for my stupidity. Now
I managed to post to the list

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ipython.devel/2675

At the moment I am rewriting my proposal. Your feedback and the
possibilities ipython opens convinced me that it would nice to make
the GUI as backend independent as possible. I think this might be
accomplished by encapsulating the backend in a plugin structure. Every
plugin should then provide Function for evaluating a command. This
function should then return an object of a class that can be
represented withing a gtk.TextBuffer. My thoughts on this are very
rough. At the moment I am thinking about how much complexity such a
structure would add (especially with regard to multitasking) and
whether it is a good Idea.

I would  highly appreciate your feedback

Philipp