Hi,

It's been a while, but I'm the one who committed the original sin of
including pyglet. In general, I agree with you. The intent back then was to
allow users to plot out-of-the-box, without any external dependencies. I've
since come to believe that our users are generally python programmers who
can handle the installation of dependencies.

On the other hand, I want to avoid the situation that used to happen with
PyOpenGL on windows: you had to install specific, non-standard versions of
numeric, PIL, etc (see http://www.visionegg.org/install-windows-details.html).
Things to think about:

* How would this work for people using the windows installer? Can it handle
dependencies somehow, or should pyglet be a separate download?

* Plotting hasn't been updated to use the latest versions of pyglet (we
depend on < 1.0, I think). If someone uses a more recent pyglet, how do we
know it's going to work? We might end up getting a lot of bug reports
relating to version mismatch.

Regrettably, I haven't had enough time to contribute regularly, but I've
been toying here and there with different ways of doing plotting. I've been
thinking it might be a good idea to make a separate package sympy-plotting,
sympy-extras, or similiar. We could offer two windows installers, one with
plotting and one without, though it would create quite a bit of extra work
for each release.

So, is sympy an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink, batteries-included library,
or a svelte library with lots of optional add-ons?

Brian