On Jun 3, 2:56 pm, "Ondrej Certik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Vinzent Steinberg
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Yes, command line usage on Windows is a pain. But wouldn't it be
> > possible to add a Python script you have to double-click on and which
> > would do all the stuff for you?
>
> Sure, I am not against. As always, the only real requirement is that
> the thing is easy to maintain, test and produce (e.g. now it's enough
> for me to do setup.py bdist_wininst).
>
> OK, so to move things forward, the reason for using a particular
> mpmath and a particular pyglet is that those are versions that are
> known to work with sympy.

IMHO sympy should just work with the latest stable version of pyglet/
mpmath. Of course this means that someone needs to fix sympy when
there's something fundamentally changed in a third party package. I
would prefer this solution, but if it's a too big effort let's include
our own versions.

> So let's try to figure out how to use pyglet without touching
> sys.path. If we succeed, is anyone against leaving both mpmath and
> pyglet in sympy?

As I said I don't like this solution but it's the way to go if
otherwise it would be too difficult to maintain .

> If we fail, then we'd have to release two tarballs, one with, the
> other without, pyglet.

What's so wrong with sys.path hacking?

> Ondrej

Vinzent