On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 06:20:44AM -0700, Vinzent Steinberg wrote:
> IMHO it's awesome. Let's switch to this way of distribution of sympy
> and its third party modules. (Additionally there could be of course a
> tar ball with all dependencies included.) What do you think?

Eggs work by monkey patching sys.patch, which has some "interesting"
consequences. IMHO thisis not acceptable. It has been pointed out that
these consequences can be avoided by patching setuptools. This patch is
not happening, and setuptools development process is not transparent. I
consider setuptools as a neat toy, but not mature and useable for
production. Not everybody agrees with me :).

Gaƫl