Hey there Ondrej,

Do you think it would be a good idea to include MPI/BSP
parallelization capability?  I think there will probably be no big
problem in using the modules already included with scipy/Scientific
for that, but perhaps integrated into sympy could be good if it is to
be a fully featured CAS in its own right.  Given this it may be that
most people are not interested in threading most of their CAS routines/
doodlings it may be best to leave it up to external modules and
concentrate on other features (when I have done a bit more playing and
have some time I would like to write a tutorial on concurrency with
sympy).

Something along these lines which I think would be really cool (given
that everyone and their grandma has more than one core these days...I
found a decent dual core in a skip!), would be to enable an option to
enable sympy to use SMP.... routines that look easily threadable could
then be practically automagically split among all available cores by
the kernel, needing only the user to specify which computations in a
batch are threadsafe (don't know if this would be so doable for messy
systems like windows).  It may be possible then for the user to
relatively seamlessly take advantage of their whole system...  of
course, again, this could be something which is not so applicable to
most users and may be best left to other modules...thoughts?