On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 01:26:01PM -0700, Pekeika wrote:

> Ondrej, I'm sorry I have not good news after the weekend working on
> both the issues and Stephan's solution (thanks Stephan). I have the
> troubles of a beginner, with attributes and classes (issues like only
> couple of months programming in Python and being an environmental
> engineer don't help)...

I am not familar with this thread but post one problem after the other :-)

> Then I tried to see what could I do with the repo, but surprise! I
> have no idea of clonning a repository.

I am not sure if my answer belongs to you question.

(1) install mercurial. If you have ubuntu/debian, then

  % sudo apt-get install mercurial

(2) get the sympy reposority

  % hg clone http://hg.sympy.org/sympy/ sympy-clone/
  % cd sympy-clone

(3) check the revision of the current working directory (optional)

  % hg parent
  changeset:   1849:d66dc8f1f107
  tag:         tip
  user:        Fabian Seoane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  date:        Fri Oct 24 19:09:04 2008 +0200
  summary:     Make the constructor of Derivative treat correctly instances of
Derivative.

This should the same as

  % hg log -r tip

or shorter

  % hg tip

If ther is an other revision the tip, then

  % hg update tip

and you have the current sympy version.

Otherwise you must ask again :-)

By,  Friedrich