On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM, llarsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to test whether the testing tools were working correctly on my
> machine, I tried running the test cases under 'sympy/core' for sympy
> version 0.6.2. This failed. The reulsts are shown at the end of the
> post.
>
> One error claimed that the 'Singleton' class could not be imported
> from 'sympy.core.basic'. I looked in the basic module and was not able
> to locate a Singleton class. I have not looked at the other errors in
> detail yet. I am assuming that sympy 0.6.2 passed all the tests before
> it was released, so I am not sure why the test are failing for me.
> Anyone have any insights? (I think my paths are set up correctly, but
> I don't know of a good way to tell the path a module was loaded from
> just to check. How do you do this?)

I don't know where exactly is the problem at your installation, but
what is know and tested is that you download sympy (can be 0.6.2),
unpack and test directly without installing using setup.py. E.g. on
linux (similarly on windows):

tar xzf sympy*.tar
cd sympy
py.test sympy/core/

For exactly the reasons that you encountered, I've written "bin/test"
and the aim (not yet implemented) is to install the tests files with
setup.py install as well and then one should be able to just do

import sympy
sympy.test()

and it should just work.

Also, please use our latest git or hg version, so that you have the
latest sources.

Ondrej