On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 07:15:53PM -0600, Robert Kern wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 18:07, Kirill Smelkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > EPD can ship LGPL
> > -----------------
>
> I'm not sure who is telling you that we can't. It's just not true. We
> can and do ship LGPL and some GPLed packages. As a rule, we do prefer
> BSD-licensed packages, though.

Ok, we all do mistakes. If you can and ship LGPL -- MY APPOLOGIZES --
and I'm glad you do it.

> > I think _we_ should set the rules, not some company, and if _we_ manage
> > SymPy to be succcessful product, EPD would just be _forced_ to ship it.
>
> Huh. And I thought we were talking about freedom, here...

Yes, we are talking about freedom here -- freedom for users when they
receive software to run, study, modify and redistribute it.

When I say "forced" I mean "if a package is popular enough, and there is
users demand for it, popular distributions would just pick it."

In no way I disregard your freedom here.

--
                                Kirill