On Nov 15, 5:15 pm, "Robert Kern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 18:07, Kirill Smelkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > EPD can ship LGPL
> > -----------------
>
> I'm not sure who is telling you that we can't. It's just not true. We
> can and do ship LGPL and some GPLed packages. As a rule, we do prefer
> BSD-licensed packages, though.

If that is true, is Enthought violating the GPL? The EPD license at
     http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlicense.php
seems to me to be GPL incompatible, since I think the GPL does not
allow
one to so restrict redistribution of binaries of GPL'd software.  In
particular,
were EPD to include GPL'd code, I think Enthought would be in
violation of
section 6e of the GPL.  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

I'm just a curious bystander asking a question; I'm not making any
claims or accusations!

 -- William