On Apr 30, 7:31 pm, "Aaron S. Meurer" <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Ondrej.  git am -3 fails for me a lot too, especially if the
> patch wasn't made using git format-patch (regular diff, git diff, etc.)

Thats indeed a problem, 'git am -3' works only for git patches. For
other patches you should use 'git apply'. There are several flags for
"broken" patches, but it has of course no merging as git am.

> Sometimes I find myself applying one-liner patches by hand. Also, I never
>figured out how to transfer a patch from an email to git properly.  Is there
>an easy way to do this, or do you have to manually copy and paste the patch
>connects into a file and then apply it (which is again almost guaranteed to
>make git am fail)?

I use offlineimap to get the patches (I configured gmail to tag them)
and store it in the mbox format. Then I use 'git am -i' to review and
apply them.

> Also, I find the git rebase/merge conflict resolution to be slightly more
> user friendly than git am's.  And git fetch person will always be faster than
> git am, even when git am works.

This is sure, in the end nothing beats a git repository.

Vinzent