I think that both have their benefits.  I like how Sebastian's model makes
hints objects, which means that they can have docstrings and can be callable.
I also like having the hint manager be and object, and the decorator idea.

Of Chris's stuff, I like some of the shortcuts he has implemented that reduce
typing for more complex hints.  Sebastian's writeup doesn't mention some of the
key things, like the logic for what turns other hints on and off (I am assuming
this would all go in the HintManager).

So probably Sebastian's model will be more extendable.  Remember that Chris's
model was designed specifically with expand() in mind.  I think we should take
the best of both worlds.

Aaron Meurer