Le mercredi 19 mai 2010 à 23:48 -0400, Christian Muise a écrit :
>   I enjoy the idea of Predicates, but since it hasn't hit the master
> codebase yet, should I really be working off of Ronan's stuff? My plan
> was to use Ronan's use-new-assump2 branch, then incorporate the
> changes from Ondrej's assum branch. Continue with fixing tests /
> codebase then suggesting for merger.

"use-new-assump2" is just a proof-of-concept, I don't think you should
work off it. OTOH, "new-assump" is meant to be pushed into master at
some point, though it needs to be polished (better doc, more tests, ...)
and more stuff could be backported from "use-new-assump2", so that's
probably what you should start from. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll
have time to make "new-assump" ready for inclusion before mid-June, but
don't hesitate to do it yourself if you want.

As for Predicates not having reached master yet, the branch
"implement-Predicate" is up for review
[http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=1903], so could be
pushed in soon.

I think Ondrej's changes are premature: we certainly need to separate
"static" type-checking (based on querying an object's class, e.g.
using .is_Integer) from dynamic inference (invoking assumptions and the
like, e.g. using .is_integer), and never use the latter inside object
constructors but this should be done under the control of a working test
suite, otherwise we risk having to reimplement half of sympy.