On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking of Python 3, do you know how to fix the Overriding __cmp__ blocks
> inheritance of __hash__ in 3.x and Overriding __eq__ blocks inheritance of
> __hash__ in 3.x problems?  These, other than the use of cmp functions in
> sort(), seem to provide the most challenge of the warnings given by -3.

Well, there's a little bit of good news on this front, although it's through
no work of mine.  While researching how to fix these, I came across a note
from the release notes of Python 2.7 RC1 [0] which stated that the
__cmp__-related messages are bogus.  I've just downloaded and installed
Python 2.7 RC2, and from a very quick check of some of the tests, those
warnings do indeed seem to be gone.

Now we've just got to figure out how to get rid of the __eq__ ones.

[0]: http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r27rc2/Misc/NEWS

--
James Pearson