See also this (somewhat old) thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/b0103e9ce1301440#

As far as triviality of the support, I guess we could keep rewriting the Python
2.5+ functions in iterables.py (so far we have four), but as soon as we get the
assumptions system to the point where it can be used with with statements, it
won't be so easy to do that anymore.

Also, as I noted in a previous thread, we will have to either write a custom
reduce() in iterables.py or drop Python 2.4 in order to support Python 3
functools.reduce().  Like any() and all(), it probably wouldn't be too hard to
rewrite it, though.

Aaron Meurer