On line 54 of utilities/iterables.py [0], we check to see if a variable is a
lambda by checking the __str__ value, which is a bit bad.  I see two other

1.  Check to see if rv is callable.  The builtin callable() was removed in
Py3k, but 2to3 will replace it with the appropriate check against
collections.Callable.
2.  Check to see if rv is an instance of types.LambdaType.  While still
better than what we have right now, it limits us only to lambdas, not all
callable types.  I would guess that in practice this is not an issue, but I
don't really know.

[0]:
http://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/sympy/utilities/iterables.py#L54

--
James Pearson

--
There is no clear division between Gods and Men -- one blends softly casual into
the other.