Hey!

Recently I added a comment about missing copyright/licensing information
in some files and this stirred up a small discussion on IRC.

Anyway, my proposal was to add following header to all sympy modules:
[snip]
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
    package.module
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    A brief description goes here.

    :copyright: (c) YEAR by SymPy Development Team.
    :license: BSD, see LICENSE for more details.
"""
[/snip]

So why is it needed:
1) Although I cannot find the reference at the moment, a file must
contain copyright notice with licensing information, otherwise it can be
viewed as public domain and thus can be freely relicensed by anyone.

2) Some of the modules already contain the brief description about the
module. Having short description also helps people get a quick grips
about the functionality that's implemented there..

There are probably 3 and 4 too.. but it's getting a bit late around
here ;)

Päikest,
Priit :)