On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 15:25, Priit Laes <plaes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So why is it needed:
> 1) Although I cannot find the reference at the moment, a file must
> contain copyright notice with licensing information, otherwise it can be
> viewed as public domain and thus can be freely relicensed by anyone.

You will not be able to find such a reference because it does not
exist. Almost all countries in the world are signatories to the Berne
Convention. Under the Berne Convention, copyright is automatic. It
does not require an explicit copyright statement anywhere much less
attached to each file in a package. The LICENSE file already present
is quite sufficient legally.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."